There are accessible options available to help make Screen on the Green an event for the entire community.
Designated accessible viewing area
An accessible viewing area will be available within the green space event venue
- The viewing area is a relatively flat area of the grass, away from sharper slopes elsewhere on the green open space.
- The screen is located close to Webb Ave, facing up to Ashley Street and the venue is a natural amphitheatre, allowing for unobstructed view of the screen.
- Food, programming and services are located a short distance with a slight incline on Ashley Street.
- An accessible toilet will be located a short distance from the designated accessible area.
- There is a driveway from Ashley Street onto the foot path and grass space with only a slight crest.
- Volunteers will be at the event to help direct attendees reach to areas of the venue of interest.
- No seating provided in this area. Fold up chairs allowed.
Please contact Samuel at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 02 9847 6043 to notify him of intent to use the designated accessible viewing areas. This helps us to ensure that the viewing area is of an appropriate size for you and your family.
Eddie the Eagle on Friday 18 November will be screened with open captions.
Cars on Saturday 19 November will be screened with open captions.
Dirty Dancing on Sunday 20 November will be screened with English subtitles.
Public transport is the best way to get to the Screen on the Green events.
Hornsby Station is a 6 minute walk away – there is a medium gradient on High Street.
Accessible parking and a drop off zone will be provided for a limited number of cars close to the venue. There is a medium gradient on Forbes Street to reach Ashley Street and the accessible viewing area from the accessible parking. Please contact Samuel at email@example.com or on 02 9847 6043 to book an accessible parking space.
Please note, driving is not recommended. A wider parking map can be seen on the webpage